Bridge Pathway Program is a quarter-long college preparation program that emphasizes developing college-level writing skills, critical thinking, and taking personal responsibility for learning. There are two paths based on the student’s writing assessment.
There are two paths based on the student’s writing assessment:
Path 1 (15-credits):
- Combination of Academic Preparation (AP) (10 credits) and a English 093 (5 credits)
- A recommendation from the Integrated Skills 5 instructor or placement result of the Writeplacer exam
Path 2 (18-credits):
- Combination of a Academic Preparation (AP) (10 credits), a English 093 (5 credits), and an English supplemental course ELIUP 096 (3 credits)
Disclaimer: Due to short instructional weeks in summer quarter, all students follow Path 1.
Student must meet one of the following:
Internet-based TOEFL (iBT) and Paper-based TOEFL (PBT)
- 58 (iBT) or 493 (PBT)
- More information about TOEFL
- Overall score of 5.5 with all sub-scores above 5.0 or higher
- More information about Academic IELTS
Duolingo English Test
- More information about Duolingo English Test
Successful completion of the BC’s Intensive English program
- Successful completion of the BC’s Intensive English level 5
- More information about the BC’s Intensive English program – Level Description
Successful completion of the specific level of English language school
- Intensive Level 109 at ELS Language Centers
- High Intermediate level at Kaplan
- ALPS SIRWS 5 with a grade of 75% or higher AND a minimum score of 69 on the CaMLA EPT exit exam at ALPS Language School
- Completion of the first-half of International House San Diego’s (IHSD) American Language Benchmark 7, equivalent to IELTS overall score of 5.0
- Highest level at an intensive English school (must submit a verification letter from the school official and considered on a case-by-case basis)
- Successful completion of Level 5 at California Language Academy
- Successful completion of Level B2-2 at EF International Language Schools
- Successful completion of the “Mid-intermediate” level at International House San Diego
Bridge Pathway Program is open to all non-native English speakers with different immigration status (e.g. holders of F1, H4, L2 visas, permanent residents, U.S. Citizens).
- An online international student application form. Go to https://international.bellevuecollege.edu/ to create a profile and start an application.
- A non-refundable $50 application fee paid online.
- Student must pay an express mail fee via the eShipGlobal site if an acceptance packet would be sent to an address outside of US. The student must upload the air bill with a complete mailing address.
- A copy of the passport photo page, including expiration date.
- A copy of each F-2 dependent’s passport photo page, including expiration date.
- A bank statement dated within six months of the date of you submitted your application, with a minimum balance of $25,316 USD.
- Add $5,000 USD for each F-2 dependent
- If your financial sponsor is not you or your parents:
- Sponsors outside the US must complete the online Financial Responsibility Form.
- US-based sponsors must complete the Affidavit of Support (I-134) form.
- Unofficial transcripts in English
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
Last Updated August 11, 2022