Cover Story: Tasmanian Fulbright Scholar Teaches Virtual Reality at BC, and the Other Side of the Earth, Simultaneously
James Riggall, a Fulbright Scholar and founder of the Tasmanian start-up Bitlink, introduced students to the virtual world by live-streaming from the collaboratory at Bellevue College to innovation hubs on the other side of the earth in Tasmania.
Bellevue College, like other colleges with an open admissions policy, is dedicated to providing opportunities for education and career advancement to everyone. But not everyone is prepared for college in the same way.Read the full story...
Today you’ll find Andrea Coder in the stylish new Bellevue offices of CliftonLarsonAllen, the ninth largest accountancy firm in the U.S., juggling the demands of motherhood and her burgeoning career as an associate. But five years ago, her path in life wasn’t so clear.Read the full story...
When a family of four immigrated to the U.S. from Azerbaijan in 2011, they had no idea that their academic dreams would be achieved together, with honors.Read the full story...
Visit the Seattle Art Museum and you can see the powerful Project 42, a multidisciplinary work by Bellevue College assistant professor Jono Vaughan that honors transgender lives lost to violence while also raising awareness of their shorter life expectancy.Read the full story...
Also in this Issue:
- Keeping Up with Dr. Weber
- Programming the Future
- For Kela and David Hall, Empowering Women and Girls in the Workforce Is a Family Affair
- OLS Student Advocates to Raise Income Cap for Disability Community
- Veteran Using Fellowship to Foster Peace, Promote Women in Politics
- Sparking an Interest in Science and Engineering
- Lawmakers Come to Bellevue College
- Dr. Kristen Jones Named Provost
- Take 5 with Henry Amaya
- Campus Roundup
Last Updated November 12, 2020