Fall 2017 Digital Issue
Cover Story: Lawmakers Come to Bellevue College
This fall a number of state lawmakers, including Gov. Jay Inslee, came to the Bellevue College campus to gain input on important issues that are affecting students, faculty and staff, and to share their insights.
More than 300 Bellevue School District students, staff, community members and leaders converged on the BC campus for The BOOM Experience, an all-day conference designed to support seventh- through 12th-grade male students who racially identify as African, Black, Hispanic, Latino, LatinX, Native American, Southeast Asian, Pacific Islander (or mix of any).Read the full story...
Christina Sciabarra had a chance to witness firsthand the consequences of failed diplomacy during her tour of duty in Iraq as a member of the Navy Reserve in 2010. The experience inspired her to serve her country in a different way—through public service and scholarship in the field of peacebuilding.Read the full story...
When a family of four immigrated to the U.S. from Azerbaijan in 2011, they had no idea that their academic dreams would be achieved together, with honors.Read the full story...
Also in this Issue:
- Keeping Up With Dr. Weber
- Dyer Named First-Team All-American in Volleyball
- OLS Student Advocates to Raise Income Cap for Disability Community
- Take 5 with Henry Amaya
- For Kela and David Hall, Empowering Women and Girls in the Workforce Is a Family Affair
- KBCS Recognized for Excellence in Reporting on Disabilities
- Exceptional Programs at BC Receive National Attention