Thank you for considering enrollment in the Associate degree in Nursing (ADN) program at Bellevue College. Please carefully review the application information below.
- Application Period: March 8 – May 25 (application closes at 8:59 pm Pacific Time/11:59 pm Eastern Time)
- Testing Period: March 1, 2019 – May 25, 2020
- Student Notifications: TBA
- Orientation for Cohort: The week of July 13 (exact time and location not yet finalized)
Due to COVID-19 concerns, the deadlines for the Fall 2020 ADN application requirements were extended:
- Admissions tests: June 7
- Writeplacer and TEAS must be taken before June 7 to be considered for admission.
- CPR Certification: July 10
- CPR Certification must be completed by July 10 if admitted to Fall 2020 ADN cohort.
- Immunizations: July 10
- Applicants having completed a minimum of 2 doses of Hep B immunization by May 25 will be considered. The final dose and titer must be completed by July 10.
- NAC Certification: Conditional
- Successful completion of NAC 106 and NAC 107, without earning a certificate, will substitute for completion of the entire NAC program.
Applicants should complete application by May 25 and submit planned dates of completion for any of the above incomplete requirements. Requirements completed between May 25 and these deadlines should be submitted to bellevueADN@bellevuecollege.edu.
- Application Period: August 17 – September 21 (application closes at 8:59 pm Pacific Time/11:59 pm Eastern Time)
- Testing Period: August 15, 2019 – September 21, 2020
- Student Notifications: October 23
- Orientation for Cohort: The week November 18 (exact time and location not yet finalized)
Due to Covid-19 concerns, successful completion of NAC 106 and NAC 107 at Bellevue College, without earning a certificate, will substitute for completion of the entire NAC program.
- Application Period: October 26 – November 30 (application closes at 8:59 pm Pacific Time/11:59 pm Eastern Time)
- Testing Period: September 20, 2019 – November 30, 2020
- Student Notifications: January 6
- Orientation for Cohort: The week of February 10 (exact time and location not yet finalized)
First time BC students and previous BC students who are returning after four or more quarters must apply for general admission to BC first. Current BC students may skip this step.
Complete this step at least two weeks prior to the application deadline. Processing time is typically 5-10 business days.
- Follow the Quick Start Instructions provided on the site. Make sure to complete the application process by clicking on the Submit Button located at the bottom of the college listing of choices.
- Allow up to 4-7 business days for the college to process your application. You will receive a Welcome Letter email with instructions for your next steps.
- The college places a $55 admission/placement fee on your account at the time we process your application. You pay this fee at the time you pay your first quarter tuition. Once paid, the fee is non-refundable.
Our application is available through NursingCAS. You must create an account in order to find the Bellevue College ADN program in the list. If the program is not yet listed, please look for it later in the week.
Please prepare all required documentation for upload to application in advance:
- Unofficial transcripts showing completion of ADN Prerequisites – including Bellevue College unofficial transcripts
- TEAS score report—minimum score of 74% required
- WritePlacer score report—minimum score of 4 required
- CPNW Clinical Passport
- American Heart Association BLS/CPR Provider certification
- Red Cross and other AHA certifications are not accepted and result in your application being disqualified.
- Washington State Nursing Assistant, Certified license
- Before starting the ADN program, you must complete a Nursing Assistant, Certified (NAC) program from a two-year community or technical college. If your NAC training was completed at a proprietary institution, you must obtain a Washington State NAC License.
- $50 application fee to NursingCAS
Students who have completed coursework outside of Bellevue College will need to fill out an Evaluation of Transfer Credit form and submit official, sealed transcripts from all regionally accredited colleges attended, other than BC.
Official paper transcripts and documents should be mailed to:
ATTN: Student Central/Enrollment Services B125
3000 Landerholm Circle SE
Bellevue, WA 98007-6484
Official electronic transcripts must be sent directly by the institution. We cannot accept copies that are forwarded from your personal email account. If the electronic transcript was downloaded and viewed by anyone else, we cannot use it for transfer credit. Electronic transcripts and documents should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You do not need to send official Bellevue College transcripts since you are not transferring those credits.
Be sure to upload unofficial copies of your transcripts to your application on NursingCAS, including the unofficial transcript from Bellevue College if you took classes here.
Admission to this program is competitive. Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee admission as the number of qualified applicants typically exceeds the number of available enrollment spaces. Please carefully review the ADN Program Admission Criteria for more details on how applications are evaluated. Applicants’ scores will be ranked in the following manner: 1) Total Score, 2) Science GPA, 3) TEAS score. If a tie exists after this, applicants may be invited for an interview with the Nursing faculty. To date, this has not happened.
Admission decision notification will be sent via email to the preferred email address you have entered in NursingCAS. Be sure to also check your Junk or Spam email folders in case your email security routes notification there.
Regarding Application Content and Admission Decisions
Your application is your responsibility. Bellevue College Nursing is not responsible for outdated, incorrect, or missing information on the application you submit via NursingCAS. To make sure you have uploaded the correct document(s), be sure to select the “preview” button after attaching each document and review the content. If you have uploaded the wrong document or a change you made is missing, remove it from NursingCAS and upload the correct one.
The admission committee reviews applications based on the information and required documents you provide in the application. The committee does not review documents not submitted through NursingCAS. Bellevue College Nursing offers application review sessions as a courtesy. These sessions are not part of the official committee application review and the guidance provided during these sessions does not guarantee your application will be successful.
Last Updated July 7, 2020