Located in the center of the Library Media Center
ITS Tech Rovers assist students with:
- Computer access
- Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel Tips
- Library Resources
- Printing assistance
- Copy assistance
- Finding Study Rooms
- Troubleshooting basic Technology problems
- Checking In & out equipment
Laptops and other Media equipment for BC students only
- Students can check out laptops, and cell phone adapters at the TechHub.
- Equipment is checked out for 4 hours.
- Media equipment checkout is only for Bellevue College Students.
- Non-BC students CANNOT check out equipment such as laptops, adapters, and headphones.
- Please read the guidelines for daily and quarterly use.
- Equipment checkout for programs like MCS, Project IDEA, IBEST, DMA will be done only at the eLearning Multi-Media Desk. Please check with your instructor for the hours posted for checkouts and check-in.
Microsoft Imagine Software
Microsoft software is available online at Bellevue College’s Microsoft Imagine Academic Software Center!
XR Lab at Bellevue College
Faculty or Staff: to request a demo of the XR Lab or get more information send an email to email@example.com
Students: to request a demo of the XR Lab or get more information send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The new “XR Lab” located in the Bellevue College library is committed to the application of new virtual reality and simulations technologies as tools for thought – to provide students ways to augment their learning through access to immersive, multi-sensory experiences. To accomplish this goal, the XR Lab provides the following services:
- State of the art virtual reality display devices: the HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, Microsoft Mixed Reality and Google Daydream headsets.
- Educational software to deliver high-quality interactive learning experiences that are reviewed by instructors and students before implementation in ongoing classroom support.
- An open-source networked video conference classroom space that allows students to experience presenters from all over the world, and shared learning experiences with participating educational institutions.
- VR equipped demonstration suites and workrooms.
XR Lab Use and VR Equipment Check-Out and Check-In (For Staff)
- First, check the roster list for students qualified to use the VR headsets.
- Students from the VR class or students having taken the VR workshop will be on the roster list.
- Access to the VR Rooms will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The VR rooms will already have the VR headset and laptop set up, users will just need to log-in and access their Steam accounts.
- The VR headsets are used only on-premises, not to be taken out of the Library.
- The VR Equipment Notebook contains detailed pictures of each camera kit with all its accessories (but only one simplified barcode for the entire kit).
- The pictures correspond to the check-out sheets – each box on the sheet corresponds to the exact equipment and accessories contained in each kit.
- You check off the pieces on the sheet, scan the barcode, done.
- Check-in consists of checking off all the items on the form, and scan barcodes to discharge.
- Users must leave the room as they found it, neat and tidy, all equipment in its proper place and all cables nicely coiled.
XR Lab Schedules (Lab Assistant available at this time)
The lab will be open during the day. Contact the staff via email. No Saturday and Sunday hours.
XR Lab Assistant: Brandae Grein
XR Faculty: Bruce Wolcott
XR Faculty: James Riggall
Digital Learning Manager: Ron Austin, location: Building D Room 126 N
Student Canvas 4 Day Online Workshop
Student Canvas Live 60 minute Training
During the quarter, we offer walk-in student Canvas training at the Student Canvas Training Desk.
Ongoing weekly Student Canvas Training
Our team provides walk-In training and in-person Canvas Student Workshops throughout the quarter.
Our team will answer your Canvas student questions, examples:
- How to set up your profile, announcements, files & calendar
- How to navigate your course
- How to submit assignments, and more!
- How to activate your textbook publisher content required by your instructor
Last Updated July 8, 2020