eLearning provides many benefits for learners like convenience, flexibility, personalization and cost effectiveness. That said there are several requirements for online learning like reliable internet access, supported digital devices, the learner’s self-discipline and self-motivation.
Successful eLearning students.
- Self-Motivation and success
- Take notes from textbooks, media, and online lectures
- Set goals and work through the process to achieve them, even when confronted with obstacles
- Confident in their academic capabilities
- Confident in their computer skills and their ability to download required course software
- Comfortable taking both essay and objective exams
- Have a backup plan if technology issues can’t be resolved quickly
- Take responsibility for their own learning and ask questions when they don’t understand something
- Are willing to invest the time and dedication necessary to complete their program of study
- Can complete what they start – reach out for support..
- Are at the appropriate reading and writing skills for the college-level course
- Are skilled time managers
- Believe that high-quality education can take place outside the traditional classroom and does not require daily one-on-one with their instructors.
Online Student Success
- Create your BC NetID Account, which includes a college email address
- Check this email often, and all college communications will be sent to this email, including your registration date and time each quarter and information on course evaluations
- Pay close attention to both the course calendar and the Academic Calendar
- Block your weekly schedule to be dedicated to your online classes. We recommend, two hours per day for every five credits you are taking
- Do your homework in a consistent place at a regular time prior to each class session
Cheating, stealing, and plagiarism are violations of the Student Code of Conduct at Bellevue College. Violations could result in a failing grade for a particular assignment, a failing grade for the course, or dismissal from Bellevue College. Read more about Academic Integrity.
Last Updated November 14, 2023