AHEA 106 Medical Computer Systems • 5 Cr.
Medical computer applications familiarizes students with electronic health record and financial record software used in the medical office and/or hospital settings. Prerequisite: Placement by assessment into ENGL& 101, or completion of ENGL 092 or 093 with a C or better. Successful completion of AHE 100, 110, 120, 130, 140, HLTH 145 and BTS 161 with a C or better at BC; or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate competency in medical computer programs (Practice Management as well as Electronic Medical Record software)
- Explain legal and ethical issues related to medical computer applications
- Execute data management using electronic healthcare records such as the EMR
- Use office hardware and software to maintain office systems
- Utilize computerized office billing systems