BTS 165 Business Spreadsheet Analysis & Design • 5 Cr.
Introduces key concepts to develop and analyze business spreadsheets. Topics include formulas, formatting, logical, financial and lookup functions, charts, pivot tables, data tables, and multiple workbooks. Projects integrate skills to create business spreadsheets that communicate financial and operational performance. Recommended: BTS 161 or equivalent experience.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Use industry standard spreadsheet software to communicate and analyze data.
- Design spreadsheets that visually communicate data in an appropriate format.
- Manipulate graphics
- Apply mathematical and logical principles to business problems.
- Use spreadsheet applications in the process of evaluating and solving business cases.
- Design professional standard functional spreadsheets.
- Understand basic data management principles.
- Identify the problems that are appropriate to be solved by spreadsheet software.
- Use external resources to learn additional skills.
- Complete projects using the skills described above.
- Research resources to solve problems independently