ISIT 324 Software Testing • 5 Cr.
This class will present to students practical techniques and strategies to use in overall software testing and quality assurance methodologies. Students will be exposed to testing concepts and how to design, develop and document different kinds of tests. Prerequisite: ISIT 320.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Analyze basic and advanced software testing techniques
- Design test cases appropriate to a variety of software scenarios
- Design test cases for a variety of test types
- Design test cases to test software security
- Document testing scenarios
- Create and execute test cases
- Document testing results accurately and thoroughly
- Create automated tests using current testing tools
- Create automated tests by writing appropriate software code
- Differentiate between testing and quality assurance