JAPN& 123 Japanese III • 5 Cr.
Continues JAPN& 122. Continues to develop listening, speaking, and reading and writing skills of Japanese. More basic kanji characters and relevant aspects of Japanese culture are introduced. Prerequisite: JAPN& 122 or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Use appropriately and comprehend more grammatically complicated constructions (e.g. second-person references to past and/or future events, or quoting speakers in the past who were talking about a future event, etc.).
- Use noun-modifying clauses, comparative sentences and superlative sentences.
- Correctly ask for clarifications and explanations.
- Recognize and speak/write about obligatory actions.
- Read ~50~80 additional kanji characters.
- Know and be able to use appropriately the multiple meanings and multiple pronunciations of each kanji character.