JAPN& 223 Japanese VI • 5 Cr.
Continues JAPN& 222. Students practice listening, speaking, reading and writing in integrated activities relating to a main theme. More kanji and relevant aspects of Japanese culture are introduced. Prerequisite: JAPN& 222 or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Speak appropriately in and comprehend more advanced conversational situations (e.g., Passive, Causative, Causative-Passive sentences, etc.).
- Comprehend and be able to use a wider variety of vocabulary (nouns, verbs and adjectives) in their proper forms.
- Recognize additional complicated social contexts and use honorific and humble expressions as appropriate to the social context.
- Read ~50~80 additional kanji characters.
- Use appropriately the multiple meanings and multiple pronunciations of each kanji character.
- Spring 2015 (current quarter)