PROG 109 Introduction to Web Development • 5 Cr.
Introduces fundamental programming techniques using current web development software. Students design procedures and write computer instructions to solve business problems, learn procedural programming, develop graphical user interfaces for the web and work with events and objects. Prerequisite: Placement by assessment into ENGL& 101, or completion of ENGL 092 or 093 with a C or better.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Use html elements to code a template for a web page
- Validate html and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Apply inline, embedded, and external style sheets
- Optimize images for web page display • Configure relative and absolute positioning with CSS
- Instantiate and use objects including web forms and controls.
- Code event-driven procedures (event-handlers)
- Use variables with appropriate data-types and scope
- Use appropriate arithmetic, logical and comparison operators to develop complex expressions
- Apply accepted programming standards utilizing the appropriate constructs
- Create functions and procedures