PSYC 109 Psychology of Adjustment • 5 Cr.
Class title change starting Summer 2017
Positive Psychology • 5 Cr.
Teaches the scientific principles of psychology as they relate to adaptation to life's challenges. Topics include the nature and management of stress, coping strategies, interpersonal communication, relationship dynamics, self concept, life-long learning, and career development.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Describe key concepts, principles, findings, and controversies in the emerging field of positive psychology.
- Apply scientific reasoning to demonstrate an understanding of research methods employed in positive psychology
- Critically examine empirical research claims in contemporary positive psychology
- Apply positive psychology principles to build effective interpersonal relationships
- Communicate first-hand experiences with positive psychology activities and how positive psychology is relevant to your personal and professional life.