AHEE 128 Emergency Department Practicum • 5 Cr.
Provides clinical practice in a hospital emergency room as an Emergency Department Technician. Prerequisite: Successful completion of AHEE 126 with a C or better at BC, and permission of the instructor. No more than one quarter between completion of AHEE 126 and enrollment in AHEE 128. Previously HPRO 181. Either HPRO 181 or AHEE 128 may be taken for credit, but not both.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Apply clinical skills, knowledge, and competency performance as an Emergency Department Technician in emergency situations in a hospital setting
- Assess emergency situations and perform necessary procedures
- Assist physicians and other healthcare workers
- Utilize specialized medical equipment
- Perform wound care, orthopedic splinting, specimen collection
- Assist with patient monitoring for cardiac, respiratory, nervous, and genito-urinary emergencies
- Summer 2015 (current quarter)