AHEL 128 Clinical Laboratory Practicum • 5 Cr.
Final course in a series designed to prepare students to work in a clinical laboratory setting. Provides experiential application of knowledge and skills gained through prior course work in a professional practicum. Prerequisite: Completion of AHEL 120 and AHEL 122 with a C or better at BC AND permission of instructor. No more than one quarter between completion of AHEL 122 and enrollment in AHEL 128.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate the knowledge of a clinical laboratory in a professional setting.
- Apply the knowledge and skills for proper sample collection techniques.
- Apply the knowledge and skills for proper sample testing techniques.
- Apply the knowledge and skills for proper sample processing techniques.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills for safety, regulatory compliance, and quality assurance techniques.