BTS 141 Presentation Design & Delivery Essentials • 1 Cr.
Studies business presentation essentials using current presentation software and professional standards. Topics include content development, audience analysis, presentation delivery, and design and presentation principles. Projects create and deliver presentations that are professional, organized, effective and appropriate for the audience. Recommended BTS 110 or 161. The entire series of BTS 141, 142, 143, with no omissions, is equivalent to BTS 147.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Plan and develop a purposeful presentation.
- Analyze audience needs and expectations.
- Develop appropriate content for the purpose and audience of the presentation.
- Organize and prepare for a presentation
- Apply file management best practices for the organization of the presentation and associated files
- Analyze the benefits and drawbacks of graphics and identify how to effectively use them in a presentation to enhance audience comprehension.
- Apply design principles to formatting tools in order to maximize presentation comprehension.
- Edit and proofread presentations for readability.
- Deliver an electronic presentation that uses sound presentation skills.
- Research resources to solve problems independently