CMST 131 Exploring the Digital Future • 5 Cr.
Surveys the history and future of global communication technologies. Students discuss the effects of the computer revolution and digital communication on society and explore career opportunities in digital communication fields.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of current digital technologies.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the historical and economic development of digital technologies.
Demonstrate an ability to work in groups.
- Articulate both the ethical and moral concerns inherent in the new digital technologies.
- Demonstrate an understanding of emerging technologies and their potential application in the future.
- Winter 2014 (current quarter)