ELIUP 052 Grammar Level III • 4.5 Cr.
Students master control of basic verb tenses in increasingly advanced intermediate level sentences and situations. They identify and produce accurate compound and complex sentences using passive, pronouns, and modals. Course is linked with ELIUP 051. Prerequisite: Acceptance to the ELI program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate the mastery of all Level 1 and 2 material
- Produce forms of passive voice correctly and determine appropriate use of passive voice
- Identify and use passive modals
- Demonstrate mastery of subject, object, demonstrative, and possessive pronouns
- Identify and use demonstrative and reflexive pronouns
- Identify and produce logical compound sentences using coordinating conjunctions (and, but, so, or, for, yet, nor) or sentence connectors (moreover, furthermore, however, therefore)
- Identify and form complex sentences with adverb clauses of time and cause
- Recognize, form and use the present and past perfect, present perfect progressive
- Recognize past perfect progressive, future progressive, future perfect, and future perfect progressive