ELIUP 087 English Through Technology • 4.5 Cr.
Designed to improve ESL students' English speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills with the aid of technology, multimedia tools, and discussions related to technology. Includes activities using the internet, social media, blogs, digital photography, digital voice recording, podcasting, digital storytelling, digital video production, discussions and readings on current technology trends. Prerequisite: Acceptance to the ELI program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Analyze and create Web-based multimedia, such as podcasts, blogs, or digital stories.
- Use software and Web sites to practice and improve English.
- Interact with the larger campus community through the use of technology.
- Discuss and summarize articles related to current trends and issues in technology.
- Give presentations on topics related to technology.