OLS 101 Nutrition Health and Fitness II • 2 Cr.
Builds upon the concepts taught in OLS 100 to develop personal health and wellness that lead to a healthy lifestyle. Personal plans are developed and implemented. Prerequisite: OLS 100 and Acceptance into the program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Present key practices for food safety in food shopping, storage, and cooking
- Create weekly diet/fitness plans utilizing nutrition guidelines and physical activities on a budget
- Discuss health conditions and coping strategies for wellness management
- Identify healthy hygiene and personal care practices
- Explain how preventative care can provide long term health benefits
- Discuss cultural and social influences on healthy behaviors and body image
- Identify strategies to access health information and personalized services for medical concerns
- Winter 2017 (current quarter)