PARED 011 Parent and Infant Lab I • 3 Cr.
Provides education and personal exploration opportunities for parenting the young child ages newborn through two years old. Students will explore the cognitive, emotional, social and physical development of the young child through research based information, discussion, and observation. Students will observe and practice models of child guidance practices and techniques in the laboratory classrooms.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Implement lab Risk Management requirements.
- Identify areas of interest and need for age appropriate information and research findings.
- Recognize and support normal physical development of the 0-2 year old child.
- Recognize and support normal emotional and social development of the 0-2 year old child.
- Recognize and support normal language and cognitive development for the 0-2 year old child.
- Identify age-appropriate learning experiences.