ART 110 Two-Dimensional Design • 5 Cr.
Introduces the elements and principles of two-dimensional design. Students practice creative problem solving in original design work. Includes six hours of laboratory. Requires additional lab time outside class.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Recognize and apply the basic elements of design: line, shape, texture, value, & color
- Recognize and apply the basic principles of design: unity/variety, balance, emphasis, scale/proportion, use of negative shape, and spatial illusion
- Be able to use the vocabulary of design
- Be able to analyze and assess how visual principles are used through group critiques
- Be able to analyze and solve visual design problems