ART 242 Advanced Studio: Oil Painting • 5 Cr.
Continues ART 240. Prerequisite: ART 111 and 121 and 240, or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- understand and employ a thorough skill base of color mixing and color theory
- understand and demonstrate a thorough skill base regarding paint application techniques
- understand and illustrate a comprehensive knowledge of formal concepts in painting
- demonstrate ability to explore a specific theme in painting
- demonstrate self-direction in regards to developing a personal path in painting
- demonstrate ability towards in-depth analysis and objective critique regarding painting