BUS 120 Organizational Behavior • 5 Cr.
Explores the dynamics of human resources in a business organization. Students develop a positive attitude toward the human element in business. Specific topics include motivation, leadership, group dynamics, organization theory, participatory management, and communication.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- 1. Interpret and contrast how effective communication and its relationship-building works in organizations
- 2. Discuss and explain basic forms of motivation
- 3. Label and contrast the known "stages" for how groups “develop”
- 4. Recognize and classify 'functional' and 'dysfunctional' roles in groups
- 5. Identify and explain functions of leadership/management
- 6. Distinguish what characteristics leaders have to become "Effective Leaders"
- 7. Summarize and identify what is "Organizational Culture" and why it has relevance
- 8. Describe how cultural diversity contributes to the competitive advantage of an organization