ENGL 092 Introductory College Reading and Writing II • 5 Cr.
Students meet composition objectives by reading, writing, revising and editing essays and strengthening college study skills. Course work includes readings from a variety of sources and classroom instruction in sentence structure and variety. Prerequisite: Placement by assessment.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Use all stages of the writing process effectively
- Identify the needs of their audience
- Produce a substantive topic
- Create a unified, coherent, and well-developed piece of writing which consistently follows appropriate conventions of Standard English
- Use a variety of purposes for essay construction, such as analysis, exposition, and/or persuasion.
- Demonstrate ability to recognize some strengths and weaknesses in their own writing, based on specified criteria.