GERM& 122 GERMAN II • 5 Cr.
Continues GERM& 121. Recommended: GERM& 121, one year of High School or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate listening ability by answering comprehension questions in writing both in English and in the target language after listening to an oral presentation, or hearing oral questions
- Demonstrate speaking ability in the target language by responding correctly during a prompted dialogue and creating original oral dialogues through role plays and monologues
- Demonstrate reading comprehension by answering comprehension questions orally and in writing after reading a passage in the target language, make educated guesses, by using cognates and context, about the meaning of a passage.
- Demonstrate writing ability in the target language by creating grammatically correct sentences, short descriptive paragraphs, short stories or short plays, and writing summary sentences from readings.
- Produce appropriate vocabulary in target language (create and understand short descriptive sentences with adjectives using the simple past, present perfect, and future.
- Demonstrate knowledge of parts of speech (to show vocabulary recognition, to classify verbs, decline nouns, describe nouns, and identify cognates, show noun adjective and noun verb agreement, recognize and apply the nominative, dative and accusative case).
- Recognize meaning (use vocabulary in context, accurately translate on exams and quizzes and in class)