HD 101 Healthy Self-Esteem • 3 Cr.
- Student Services
Explores theory and practice of positive self-image through small-group discussion, self-assessments, and multi-media content. Students focus on understanding their behaviors as a reflection of their self-concept.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Understand the nature of self-esteem and the factors that influence the development of self-esteem.
- Understand the important role self-esteem plays in our lives
- Recognize self-defeating beliefs and behaviors that may prevent personal growth.
- Recognize symptoms of low self-esteem and the results of these symptoms in others with low self-esteem
- Accurately self-assess strengths and capabilities.
- Identify ways to enhance self-esteem in order to maintain a process of on-going personal growth.
- Identify and develop communication skills appropriate for enhancing self-esteem and personal growth.
- Develop a plan of action to achieve individual goals for personal growth and development.