HD 110 Stress Management • V1-3 Cr.
- Student Services
Presents methods and benefits of managing stress. Students learn to identify stress, become aware of stress sources, and understand the results of stress in terms of thoughts, feelings, and actions. Students discuss and practice various methods for reducing unwanted stresses.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Understand the nature and physiology of stress
- Recognize the interplay of our mind, body, and spirit
- Investigate healthy coping strategies for managing stress
- Cultivate the practice of various relaxation techniques
- Understand the importance of diet, exercise, and social support
- Develop and integrate a life stress management plan