MKTG 241 Search Engine Strategy • 5 Cr.
Students will learn the fundamentals of search engine marketing (SEM) and search engine optimization (SEO), and how those skills impact a larger digital framework. While a hands-on course, the curriculum is focused on the application of search skills to craft an integrated marketing strategy and executive vision. Recommended: MKTG 102. Previously MKTG 240. Either MKTG 240 or 241 can be taken for credit, not both.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Implement a search engine marketing (SEM) plan, utilizing popular search engine marketing tools
- Create a search engine optimization (SEO) strategy
- Benchmark both organic and paid search efforts
- Optimize current campaigns based on results, evolving the strategy to maximize your budget and deliver results
- Integrate search into a larger digital marketing plan