MUSC 103 Chamber Choir • 3 Cr.
A performance class open to advanced vocalists by audition. Chamber choir includes five hours of rehearsal per week plus scheduled outside rehearsals and performances. Course is designed to expose students to the most advanced musical idioms on a regular basis, including madrigals, Baroque, classical and romantic period literature. Course may be repeated for a maximum of 9 credits. Prerequisite: Permission of instructor (audition) and concurrent enrollment in MUSC 100.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Improve individual singing.
- Improve aural skills.
- Participate thoughtfully and actively in the choral rehearsal.
- Study, rehearse and perform in public a variety of choral repertoire.
- Perform and explain diverse musical styles of different historical and cultural origins.
- Actively advocate for music in society.