MUSC 157 Audio Engineering & Production II • 5 Cr.
Students gain experience in recording, mixing down, and burning CD music projects by working with analog and digital mixing consoles. Course covers the history and theories of multi-track technology, analog and digital recording. Prerequisite: MUSC 156.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Articulate the evolution of current recording technology
- Analyze the best options for recording different kinds of music.
- Evaluate and present alternatives for recording with different budgets
- Demonstrate setting levels and running an analog mixing console
- Demonstrate knowledge of and a level of proficiency in using a digital and/or virtual recording console
- Demonstrate effective use of signal processing technology to enhance recording.
- Design and set up a studio for a recording sessions
- Create a quality final mix of a CD project.