MUSC 158 Audio Engineering & Production III • 5 Cr.
Covers intermediate techniques in recording, mixing down, and mastering music projects. Students work with analog and digital mixing consoles. Includes the history and theories of multi-track technology, analog and digital recording. Prerequisite: MUSC 156 and permission of instructor. Recommended: MUSC 157.
Additional Fee: $13.50.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- After completing this course, students should be able to:
- * Articulate the evolution of current recording technology
- * Analyze the best options for recording different kinds of music.
- * Evaluate and present alternatives for recording with different budgets
- * Demonstrate effective construction of gain structure and running an analog mixing console
- * Demonstrate knowledge of and a level of proficiency in using a digital and/or virtual recording console
- * Demonstrate effective use of signal processing technology to enhance recording.
- * Demonstrate Ear Training proficiency
- * Design and set up a studio for a recording sessions
- * Create a quality final mixdown and mastered recording project.