PHIL 360 Business Ethics Theory and Practice • 5 Cr.
Investigates ethical problems in business through ethical theory and case studies. Involves original research and discussion of business related ethical issues such as social responsibility in corporate governance, proprietary information, whistle-blowers, sustainability and equity in hiring and advancement. This course is intended for students in four-year business programs.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Analyze, explain and evaluate ethical principles and the philosophical arguments that bear on them.
- Apply ethical principles to a broad range of ethical issues in business.
- Distinguish and develop varying strategies for dealing with varying cultural perspectives on business related ethical issues.
- Analyze case studies in business ethics and apply ethical principles in evaluating these.
- Evaluate arguments for and against proposed solutions to ethical problems in business practices