PSYC 205 Theories of Personality • 5 Cr.
Examines assumptions about the nature of humankind. Students focus on psychometric techniques as well as major theories and theorists. Recommended: PSYC& 100.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Recognize, compare, and contrast major theoretical and philosophical perspectives used to explain personality.
- Apply critical thinking to assumptions, claims, and common sense ideas.
- Apply the principles of personality to one's life.
- Use the principles of psychological theory to enhance personal learning skills (i.e., testing, writing, oral communication, collaborative learning, etc.)
- Identify the historical and contemporary contributions of major personality theorists.