All tools and guides listed on this page are for Instructional use only.
Canvas for Faculty
- Canvas Basics: Where can I learn the basics of the Canvas Learning Management System?
- New to Bellevue College? You need to complete the Canvas Faculty Orientation to get access to your classes.
- What are the Canvas Roles? Review Canvas Roles
- Quarter Codes
- Canvas Learning Community and Canvas Release Dates
- Tools for Engagement in Canvas: How can I make my existing Canvas site more engaging?
- How to create an effective online course using the Quality Matters Standards!
- Canvas training options for faculty, quick reference chart.
- Canvas Status page to check real-time if all systems are operational and review historical data on system performance.
- New Canvas Gradebook
- Effective and Accessible Power Points: Are my PowerPoints effective?
- Effective and Accessible Word Documents: Are my Word documents effective?
- Resources for Creating Accessible documents
Teaching Tools for Faculty
- Ally – Accessibility Content Checker
- Cidilabs – helps improve course design, expands HTML design options and accessibility. Cidi Labs tools include: Content Editor Toolbox, Multi-Tool and Upload/Embed Image tool.
Online Meeting Tools
- Instructional video capture using Panopto
- Learning Zoom – Collaborate more seamlessly using Zoom.
- Zoom – Creating an online meeting
- Uploading Zoom cloud recordings to Panopto to your Canvas Class folder
- Zoom and Owl – video/web conferencing tool
- Big Blue Button – Conference tool in Canvas.
- Microsoft Teams is a collaboration tool that integrates with other Microsoft Office 365 services.
- Proctored Testing Tool – Honorlock
- Tool to create a quiz – Respondus 4.0
- Proctored Testing Tool – Respondus Lockdown Browser and Monitor
- Plagiarism tool: SimCheck
Adding Test banks from Publishers
- How-To: Add a McGraw Hill Test bank to Canvas
- How-To: Import Test Banks from ExamView Test Builder (Cengage)
- How-To: Print a Canvas Quiz for in class use
- How to add a Macmillan test bank in Canvas
- LinkedIn.com Learning (previously known as Lynda.com)
- Gradescope – is a suite of tools designed to accommodate a common grading workflow.
- Quality Matters – Training facilitated by SBCTC
- VitalSource – Inclusive Access textbooks managed by the Bookstore. Please contact the Bookstore for assistance.
Link to vendor webpages, VPATs, etc.
The Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) is a document prepared by vendors that describes the extent to which a particular product is accessible.
List of Accessibility statements and VPATs for software used for Instruction
Good to know
Canvas Newsletters: News and updates from your eLearning team
Last Updated February 3, 2023