DREAMER, or undocumented students may qualify or apply for residency after meeting the following conditions:
- Resided in Washington State for three (3) years immediately prior to receiving a high school diploma, and completed the full senior year at a Washington high school; OR
- Completed the equivalent of a high school diploma and lived in Washington State for the three (3) years immediately before receiving the equivalent diploma (GED) and
- Continuously resided in Washington State since earning the high school diploma or its equivalent (GED).
Application process for DREAMER or undocumented students – submit the following to the Residency Office:
- The Washington Higher Education Residency Affidavit/Declaration/Certification form. Note: We keep this form only in the Residency Office, and your name remains confidential. We do not report your name or information to any government agency, or reveal your status to any other department or college employee. You appear as a resident student on the records of the college.
- A copy of your high school transcript or documentation of completion of GED or high school equivalent.
DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) Students
Students approved under the DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals), and living in the State of Washington for at least 12 months may qualify for resident status.
DACA students submit the following to the Residency Office:
- Residence questionnaire
- Documents listed on the Washington State Residency Requirements form
- A copy of your work authorization card
- INS Notice of Action receipt for deferred action
Application Deadline – 30th calendar day of the quarter: Submit the Residence Questionnaire and all needed documents by the 30th calendar day of the quarter you plan to obtain resident status. By regulation, we process applications and documents received after this date for the next quarter. No Exceptions!
Last Updated February 28, 2018