Bellevue College offers an inclusive program in database administration in which the student learns basic understanding of relational databases and techniques for managing and maintaining a database server. Students gain understanding of how data can be managed and maintained in a server environment.
The program includes study in the following areas:
- Foundations in Relational Database
- SQL Programming
- Database Administration using SQL Server
- Associate in Arts Degree in Information Systems: Database Administration Track: This is a full 2 year degree program. Students study the design of relational databases to implementation and management in a database server environment.
- Database Administration Assistant: This 45 credit Certificate of Achievement provides the student with an introduction to skills necessary to work in a relational database environment.
For the Technologist (Database Administrator)
- Database Analyst: This 30 credit Certificate of Accomplishment provides an introduction to data management basics with a focus on database development.
- Database Report Developer: This 45 credit Certificate of Achievement provides an introduction to data management basics with a focus on database development and programming.
The Relational Database Developer certificate is a stepping-stone towards the Business Intelligence Analyst Certificate.
Flexible course scheduling, evening courses and on-line courses are all available to accommodate the schedules of working professionals.
Faculty advisors are available to answer your questions promptly and meet with you in person at your convenience. We welcome inquiries from employers.