State Employee Tuition Waiver
This waiver is limited to permanent and at least half-time state employees as defined by RCW 41.06 and 25B.15.558. To determine if eligible, state employees should consult their HR representative.
This waiver is used only for classes with space available one business day prior to the start of the upcoming quarter. Bellevue College employees using the waiver must wait to register until 8:00 am one business day prior to the start of the upcoming quarter, or obtain instructor permission during the late registration period. (See the academic calendar for exact dates). Other state employees must wait to register until 12:00 pm one business day prior to the start of the quarter.
State employee students forfeit the waiver option if they register before the designated time, even if they later drop the class from their registration record.
- Recipients must be admitted to the college and pay the application fee if not previously admitted
- Students pay a $5 per class fee, and all other class and college fees connected with being a student
- Limited to two classes per quarter
- Applies to state support classes only. Self-support programs and classes include continuing education, Tombolo institute, OLS and translation & interpretation.
- Bellevue College employees receive priority registration over other state employees
- Download and complete the online Washington State Employees Tuition Waiver Request form, located on the online services page of the Bellevue College website. Please note: The employee is responsible for getting their Human Resources department to complete their section of the form before submitting the form to Enrollment Services.
- Submit the form to Enrollment Services at least two days prior to the start of the quarter using the online Tuition Waiver Documentation Submission process.
- Register for classes on the last business day before the quarter starts. Please check the Academic Calendar to verify the exact date you can register for classes. Bellevue College employees can enroll from 8am and all other state employees can enroll from 12pm on the designated day.