Welcome to the Benefits Hub! Everyday financial tools.
Are you balancing a combination of school, work, and life? Are you working hard, but still having a difficult time keeping up with bills and the rising cost of living? United Way of King County’s Benefits Hub will help you get by, get ahead, and stay ahead, so that you can achieve your college and career goals.
We’ll work with you to “get by” by connecting you with emergency assistance and important income supports to mitigate whatever crisis you’re facing today. Let’s tackle it one step at a time so you can focus on other priorities.
Once you’ve achieved stability, we’ll help you “get ahead” by creating and building savings. Finally, we’ll make sure you “stay ahead” by talking through ways to improve your credit score and build a plan with you to build assets and ultimately reach your financial goals.
Schedule an appointment today with one of our financial coaches, stop by Workforce Education (B-131), or sign up for an upcoming workshop to learn more about the opportunities available here at Bellevue College.
Benefits Hub Coaches can provide information on:
- Savings and Spending Plans
- How to Open and Use a Bank Account
- Financial Aid and Scholarship Options
- Tax Preparation and Tax Rights
- Emergency Housing Information – Rent and Utility Assistance
- Defaulting on a Loan
- Building and Understanding Credit
- Helping Pay for Groceries, Bus Fares, and more
Drop in Hours
- Mondays: 11:00am – 2:00pm
- Wednesdays: 1:30pm – 3:30pm
- Fridays: 9:00am – 12:00pm
OR meet with our WithinReach coaches during their drop in hours for enrollment in the reduced fare ORCA Lift Program, assistance applying to SNAP/EBT (Basic Food/Food Stamps) Program, and healthcare enrollment.
- Wednesdays: 9:30am – 1:30pm
- Thursdays: 9:30am – 1:30 pm
Workshops and Information Sessions
Join us for workshops and information sessions to learn more about financial resources available on campus! Faculty and Staff, want to have a Benefits Hub coach come speak to your classes or at a department meeting? Reach out to one of our Program Coordinators to learn more.
Winter 2019 FAFSA/WAFSA Application Workshop in Partnership with Financial Aid
Room A132 10am – 3pm
- January 18, 2019
- February 22, 2019
- March 15, 2019
Free Tax Preparation
If you’re feeling overwhelmed at tax time, let us help! Free tax experts are available on campus to help anyone in the community making up to $66,000 get the refund they deserve.
- No appointment needed
- Support for Foreign Students and Scholars available (1040 NR)
- Connect to other benefits
- Available January 15, 2019 – April 18, 2019
For more locations and times visit: FreeTaxExperts.org or contact a Benefits Hub Coordinator