ACCT 450 Federal Income Taxation II • 5 Cr.
Advanced approach to principles of federal taxation. The course specifically covers concepts and provisions of federal income taxation in relation to property transactions, partnerships, corporations, trusts and estates. Prerequisite: ACCT 285 and admission to BAS Accounting program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- • Calculate taxes on capital gains and losses.
- • Outline and implement nontaxable exchanges.
- • Analyze the capital structure and operating rules of corporations.
- • Evaluate the taxation for earnings, profits and distributions.
- • Implement and assess the taxation and provisions for corporations, trusts and estates.
- Fall 2018 (current quarter)