BTS 101 Keyboarding I • 1 Cr.
Develops basic skills in keyboarding (touch-typing) and document formatting using the personal computer. No previous computer experience necessary.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Review students basic keyboarding skills, increase typing speed and improve proficiency on the computer.
- Measure student’s keyboarding speed and accuracy at the outset of the program through the use of the Course Entry Timed Writing
- Determine specific keyboarding problems by analyzing the diagnostic test results that appear at the beginning of various sections of the keyboarding program.
- Select appropriate practice lessons on the basis of the test analysis
- Practice specially designed exercises in a prescribed manner.
- Measure overall skill-development progress at regular intervals during the course through the use of special Progress Check timings and at the end of the course through the use of the Course Exit Timed
- Writing. Students completing this course will exit with keying by touch at 25 words per minute for a one minute timed writing.