BTS 142 Presentation Design & Delivery Intermediate • 1 Cr.
Studies intermediate business presentations using current software and professional standards. Topics include content development, graphics, animation, sound, video, collaboration tools and integration with other software applications. Projects create and deliver presentations that are professional, appropriate for the audience and organized. The entire series of BTS 141,142,143 , with no omissions, is equivalent to BTS 147.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Plan and develop a purposeful presentation.
- Analyze audience needs and expectations.
- Develop appropriate content for the purpose and audience of the presentation.
- Organize and prepare for a presentation
- Analyze the benefits and drawbacks of animation, movies, sound and identify how to effectively use them in a presentation
- Analyze the effectiveness of charts and graphs and present them appropriately.
- Integrate information from other software applications and other presentations into a single presentation.
- Apply design principles to formatting customization in order to maximize presentation comprehension.
- Organize and prepare for a presentation using custom tools.
- Apply tools to navigate effectively during a presentation.
- Apply collaboration tools
- Deliver an electronic presentation that uses sound presentation skills.
- Edit and proofread presentations for readability.
- Research resources to solve problems independently