BTS 161 Business Software Essentials • 5 Cr.
Introduces personal computer and business software in a Windows based environment. Includes file management strategies, personal computing tools, internet navigation, effective business document design, spreadsheet analysis and design and a survey of fundamental software used in a typical business environment. Projects include design and creation of a file management plan, and fundamental interactive spreadsheets. Recommended: BTS 101 or 104 or equivalent keyboarding experience.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify and select the appropriate software tool to solve business problems and achieve needs.
- Navigate the web and utilize online communication and collaboration tools to research and solve problems.
- Create and manage files in a Windows environment.
- Apply strategies to create an efficient work flow while working with computers and software.
- Understand and identify the various basic components of a computer system.
- Define general word processing, spreadsheet, and other common concepts and terminology.
- Publish documents to print, electronic and online mediums.
- Design, create and format a variety of business documents, including business letters, newsletters, business correspondence, business plans, flyers, spreadsheets, presentations, budgets, charts, and database reports and tracking.
- Research resources to solve problems independently