BTS 289 Design and Deploy eCommerce Website • 5 Cr.
Expands web development skills to market and sell products and services online. Topics include site design, data management, dynamic content, spry, shopping carts, search engine optimization and web marketing tactics. Projects integrate skills to design, build, and publish an ecommerce web site using current tools, following web marketing best practices and techniques. Prerequisite: BTS 189.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Create and implement a web marketing plan.
- Apply principles of effective web design and ongoing site maintenance.
- Use advanced Cascading Style Sheets to control display of images and media.
- Apply Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques to rank high in organic web search results, and understand Search Engine Marketing (SEM) for paid search efforts.
- Apply social networking techniques to increase site traffic by building communities and connecting with groups.
- Identify and implement electronic marketing tactics including e-newsletters, email lists, and affiliate advertising.