BUSIT 250 Applying Business Analysis Techniques • 5 Cr.
Students learn specific techniques for various business analysis tasks. They learn to apply these techniques to real world scenarios. Techniques are chosen based upon The International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge and focus is on those techniques most commonly used. Prerequisite: BUSIT 150 Introduction to Business Analysis.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Describe common business analysis techniques and their uses
- Define terms associated with common business analysis techniques
- Appropriately select a business analysis technique for a given scenario
- Describe the advantages/disadvantages of common business analysis techniques
- Apply business analysis techniques to real-world scenarios/tasks
- Develop written documentation appropriate to a given technique
- Present the results of analysis to a group