CMST 291 Making Movies • 5 Cr.
Students work together creating a dramatic motion picture, gain experience in pre-production and production work, and work as part of a crew documenting the making of the dramatic piece. Students receive a copy of the finished work. Recommended: CMST 216.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate an ability to work as crew on a professional film shoot.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the proper terminology used on and off set during production.
- Explain and follow the chain of command on and off a movie set.
- Demonstrate an ability to work in a group towards a common goal during a production.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how a director works with actors during rehearsals and during shooting.
- Identify the various job descriptions of personnel involved in feature film production.
- Demonstrate an ability to perform the step-by-step process of production.
- Demonstrate an ability to produce a finished film.