DOSM 403 Clinical Education III • 8 Cr.
Supervised clinical education in medical dosimetry that progresses through a competency-based educational sequence. Course totals 264 hours. Prerequisite: Acceptance into the program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Apply the principles of radiation protection to clinical practice.
- Apply safe, ethical, and legal practices.
- Assumes primary role interacting with the radiation oncologist.
- Create plan specific regions of interest for IMRT/VMAT (i.e. rings)
- Develops basic IMRT/VMAT plans.
- Optimizes IMRT/VMAT plan following the planning directive.
- Develops basic Brachytherapy plans.
- Evaluates IMRT/VMAT and Brachytherapy treatment plans against achievement of the planning directive.
- Compare multiple plans against the planning directive using plan comparison tools.
- Assumes primary role in development of set-up, plan verification, importation of plan into the record and verify system, and discussions of plan with radiation oncology staff.
- Develop and analyzes a basic IMRT/VMAT treatment plan.
- Develop and analyzes a basic Brachytherapy treatment plan.
- Summer 2015 (current quarter)