DOSM 404 Clinical Education IV • 8 Cr.
Supervised clinical education in medical dosimetry that progresses through a competency-based educational sequence. Course totals 264 hours. Prerequisite: Acceptance into the program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Apply the principles of radiation protection to clinical practice.
- Apply safe, ethical, and legal practices.
- Assume primary role interacting with the radiation oncologist and Medical Physicist for all treatment planning activities.
- Practice creating and evaluating complex IMRT and/or VMAT plans.
- Evaluate IMRT/VMAT treatment plans against achievement of the planning directive.
- Assume primary role in development of set-up, plan verification, importation of plan into the record and verify system, and discussions of plan with radiation oncology staff.
- Develop and analyze a complex treatment planning following a specific published protocol.
- Develop and analyze a complex IMRT and/or VMAT treatment plan.
- Develop and analyze a complex head and neck treatment plan using IMRT, VMAT, and/or 3D planning techniques.
- Develop and analyze a complex brain treatment plan using IMRT, VMAT, and/or 3D planning techniques.
- Fall 2015 (current quarter)