EDUC& 115 Child Development • 5 Cr.
Build a functional understanding of the foundation of child development from conception through adolescence. Observe and document physical, social, emotional, and cognitive development of children, reflective of cross cultural and global perspectives.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Discuss and analyze prominent child development research and theories
- Describe the developmental sequence from conception through adolescence in all domains, using appropriate terminology and identifying characteristics of each
- Identify individual and cultural affects, differences and commonalities in child development and nurturing practices
- Articulate how family, caregivers, teachers, community, and culture influence development
- Implement appropriate techniques to conduct and document observations of children as a means to assess and communicate growth and development