ENGL 190 Writing Lab Link for Discipline Courses • 1 Cr.
Provides additional instruction in support of discipline courses. Students work on term papers or other assignments with a writing instructor who guides them through the writing process, from research and note taking through drafting and editing. Students spend one hour a week in class and one hour a week in a tutoring session. Recommended ENGL& 101. Prerequisite: ENGL 092 or 093 with a C- or better.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Write with greater confidence in the style and vocabulary of the discipline.
- Find and use supporting materials from reliable sources.
- Write and edit their own essays in an appropriate format.
- Integrate quoted material into their own writing.
- Avoid plagiarism and academic dishonesty.